The brilliantly funny April’s A-Z has nominated me back for the Leibster, and seeing as I’ve already bored you enough with facts about me, I’m just going to answer the questions!
1. What are your thoughts on decaffeinated coffee?
It’s evil. Fact. Who in their right mind would drink a something designed to perk you up without the perky bit?! I did find out this week that if you drink coffee before a nap, it makes the nap even more effective!
2. What shape or character would your 7th birthday piñata be?
A replica of the current UK Education Minister, Mr Gove. That way the kids could bash him with a big stick, much like he’s doing to their schools!
3. Pigtails on adult women: yay or nay?
No. Not unless she’s in cosplay. At which point it is totally acceptable, and at times required.
4. What time do you usually wake, alarm or not?
Too bloody early! During term time, it’s 5.50am, although it takes a little while to drag my carcass out of my pit.
5. Given the opportunity, would you use a slip ‘n slide?
A what? (Hold up, I’m going to need to Google that)…… Ooh! One of them! Hell yes! Actually, we have one in the shed – I just need it to be warm enough to throw me and the family down it!
6. What was the last thing you ate?
Meatballs and pasta made by my lovely husband.
7. Have you ever weighed yourself before and after a bowel movement?
Who hasn’t? I never understood why it didn’t make a jot of difference.
8. Do you play an instrument?
Indeed I do. I play guitar (classical & steel string) and piano.
9. What’s the top item on your bucket list?
Try out for roller derby. It’s just mental enough to grab my interest.
10. Do you have pets? If so, what type and what are their names?
Yep. You want the whole list?
Cat – moggy – Tom
Cat – moggy -Yzma
Cat – Turkish Angora – Greebo
Fire Eel – bollocking enourmous (currently just under a foot long) – Charles
4 Clown Loaches – approaching equally enormous
Angel fish – pure evil, jet black
Catfish – William
11. Do you like your name, or have you ever thought of changing it?
It’s not a grown up name. I’ve actually had people say to me when I’ve turned up for official appointments “oh, I was expecting a little girl”. Well, people, little girls grow up.
How cool! I’ve been nominated for a versatile blogger award (click on the green button thingy on the right) by the lovely claudiabette. It’s a bit surreal thinking that people actually read my rantings! So, thank you lady from the other side of the world!
I need to pass on the love an nominate some other blogs and as such, the following are my favorites right now:
Seems I need to do a bit more reading… 15 seems a long way off. But this’ll do for now.
And now for 7 things about me… Err. Seven. What, that I haven’t already blogged about?
- I got married at 25 whilst pregnant with our second child. (Ok, that’s quite dull)
- LSH asked me to go with him to get his tattoo done (full shoulders) instead of out on a date. He was trying to impress me so got the whole thing done and coloured then promptly passed out when I went home! (How could I turn him down after that!)
- I have very little time for people who won’t help themselves (loads for people who try their best, no matter what that may be)
- I believe in doing your best so much it’s tattooed on my forearm!
- I suck at any computer game that requires me to be stealthy – I am a natural warlock (aggro magnet)
- I’m messy. Properly teenager bedroom messy. And yet verging on OCD about other things
- Sometimes I worry that I’m not as clever as I think I am / appear to be. So I’m signing up for a PhD just to prove it to myself and test what my actual limits are as my last tutor knocked my confidence quite severely.
The premise is simple: We write for five minutes flat. All on the same prompt that is post on the Lisa Jo Barker’s site at 1 minute past midnight EST ever Friday. And we connect on Twitter with the hashtag #FiveMinuteFriday
No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation.
Unscripted. Unedited. Real.
I am a walking disaster. Or at least that’s what I’m told. To put this in context, over the past 18 months I have slipped a disc, dislocated my pelvis, broken my elbow, and concussed myself two separate occasions. I’ve Lao managed to give myself a few chemical burns from various hair dye and removal products which weren’t quite as successful as hoped. So this along with a couple of black eyes and a fat lip and some other minor injuries sort of suggests that I ought to lay on the floor and stay still. Don’t move. Try not to get hurt again.
But I don’t. If I’m honest, I get off on doing stuff that’s a bit outlandish and a bit dangerous (a bit. Not mountain climbing, or base jumping… Although that does sound fun…). But roller skating does it for me. Riding a mountain bike down a really steep hill, although I’m not so keen at going up. Swimming in deep water and knowing I can’t reach the bottom. LSH says I am in no way allowed a longboard. But of course what he doesn’t know…
I long for the summer when I can roll down hills with the kids, and climb trees.
It turns out, I am in fact a ten year old trapped inside a 33 year old’s body. And this ten year old is getting her skates on and practicing her moves to try out as fresh meat in roller derby in 12 months. All I need now is a name. Because even fresh meat needs a name. Frankly my Facebook friends need to let their imagination run a little freer!
If it looks like fun, yes, I’ll jump.